The success of Family Gateway’s children and families depends on support from community volunteers. Volunteers of all ages are needed, but children 14 and under must be supervised by an adult. Opportunities include:
- Organizing a donation drive – organize a drive for toiletries, clothes, or toys
- Tutoring children – help students with their homework and participate in the afterschool program Mondays through Fridays from 4 to 6 pm
- Teaching an adult class – teach a computer, job readiness, or financial literacy class
- Planning activities for children – plan a game night or holiday party for families
- Adopting a Room – prepare a room for a new family moving in
- This opportunity is available on an as-needed basis.
- Click here for more information about the Adopt-a-Room Program.
- Prepare a meal – cook and serve a meal any day of the week for our families (approximately 100 people) at the shelter
- Providing administrative assistance – assist with office duties, help at the front desk, or organize the food pantry and donations closet
Questions? Contact Kathy Kidwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-823-4500 x106.