The success of Family Gateway’s children and families depends on support from community volunteers. Volunteers of all ages are needed, but children 14 and under must be supervised by an adult. Opportunities include:
- Adopting a Room – prepare a room for a new family to move in
- Click here for more information about the Adopt-a-Room Program.
- Organizing a donation drive – organize a drive for toiletries, clothes, or toys
- Tutoring children – help students with their homework Monday through Thursday from 4 to 6 pm
- Teaching an adult class – teach a computer, job readiness, or financial literacy class
- Planning activities for children – plan a game night or holiday party for families
- Prepare a meal – cook and serve a meal any day of the week for our families at the shelter
- Providing administrative assistance – assist with office duties, help at the front desk, or organize the food pantry and donations closet
Questions? Contact Kathy Kidwell at email@example.com or 214-823-4500 x106.