Family Gateway is an equal opportunity employer that maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with respect to all employees and applicants for employment. All personnel actions are administered without regard to race, sexual orientation, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability of otherwise qualified individuals or any other status protected by law.
Assessment & Diversion Specialist
Family Gateway Assessment & Diversion Specialist is responsible for the complete and comprehensive assessment process of families into the Family Gateway programs including assessment, referrals, DOPS, and VI-F-SPDAT of new families. This is a full time position with benefits. Work hours are scheduled from 4pm to 9pm weeknights plus Saturdays and Sundays 9am-2pm but may change according to coverage need. Applicants should be able to work in a cooperative team atmosphere, function smoothly under stress, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills. Undergraduate degree and/or direct service practice in social service area required.
Click here to read full job description.
Please carefully read full job description for qualifications and send cover letter and resume to rgarcia@family gateway.org. No phone calls, please.
Housing Stability Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager of Housing Programs
JOB TYPE: Full-time
• Provide evidence based case management services to 40 families with an emphasis on the adult members of the household.
• Complete initial intake and assessments of families to assess their needs in order to implement necessary services and treatment.
• Facilitate relationship building between landlords, residents and DHA.
• Assist residents in applying for and obtaining long term stable sources of income including but not limited to mainstream benefits.
• Follow Housing First methodology
• Utilize harm reduction interventions and methodologies to provide resident centered services that keep them in their housing.
• Attend 4 trainings a year that increase knowledge of effectively meeting residents’ needs (co-occurring disorders, harm reduction and cultural competence).
• Work closely with other agency programs to maximize residents’ outcomes, program goals and Family Gateway’s mission.
• Provide appropriate resources, tools, and counseling to assist residents in achieving their case plan goals; making referrals for services and following up to ensure the referrals were completed.
• Maintain work schedule as required by program needs with adequate flexibility.
• Document and maintain up to date information on services provided to residents in IRIS within 24 hours of resident meeting or any case development.
• Attend Family Gateway meetings and outside agency meetings as relevant to the position of PSH Housing Stability Case Manager.
• Ensure 87% of residents’ transition to permanent housing.
• Ensure 55% of residents gain earned income/increase income while in the Family Gateway Program.
• Assess needs of residents and develops individualized case plans to lead them to greater self-sufficiency and retention of permanent housing.
• Coordinate on site adult enrichment classes to meet the needs of residents and lead residents to self-sufficiency.
• Arrange and facilitate monthly resident’s meetings/Family events.
• Conduct weekly home visits and/or office appointments with residents to review progress toward goals and self sufficiency.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
SUPVERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES: ____ Yes __X___ No
Clean criminal and drug background
Valid drivers license
Experience working with low income/ homeless population
Spanish speaking preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicant must have a Master’s degree in Social Work or in related field with 2 years’ experience working with diverse populations and families in crisis. Applicants should have or be capable of learning the following skills: counseling, crisis intervention, problem solving, case management, program planning, and time management. Applicants must be able to work independently and provide services to clients with excellence.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Texas driver’s license required and proof of auto liability insurance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.