Family Gateway is an equal opportunity employer that maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with respect to all employees and applicants for employment. All personnel actions are administered without regard to race, sexual orientation, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability of otherwise qualified individuals or any other status protected by law.
Shelter Services Monitor
Family Gateway’s Shelter Services Monitor is responsible for supervising and monitoring evening/night weekend activities of Guests at Family Gateway Center, an emergency shelter for families with children experiencing homelessness.
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Establish appropriate relationships with adults and children in a shelter environment by providing insight, redirection and supporting program/policy compliance;
- Contribute positively to the evening/weekend atmosphere by reinforcing agency structure, guidelines and expectations;
- Communicate with Guests in a manner that promotes dignity, respect and understanding;
- Maintain a clean facility by keeping Guests accountable of their spaces, community responsibilities and children;
- Assist with or take the lead in preparing/setting up activities/groups/cafeteria;
- Encourage and gather Guests for events, groups and activities;
- Partner with Guests in order to create an atmosphere that promotes safety and cleanliness;
- Provide supervision, guidance and assistance during breakfast/lunch/dinner;
- Conduct regular room/curfew/building checks, documenting any issues and providing insight/suggestions/recommendations to daytime staff;
- Be attentive and make note of curfew violations, program/policy violations, making recommendations to Guests and daytime staff;
- Be proactive and constantly engaged, offering verbal de-escalation and non-violent or disrespectful verbal redirection;
- Respond to crisis and emergency situations quickly, contacting the appropriate staff and emergency personnel (police, ambulance, mental health crisis team, etc.) authorities as needed.
- Document any and all injuries, incidents, and crises;
- Maintain professionalism and Guest privacy, on and off the job as it relates to Family Gateway polices
- Communicate with Family Services team nightly regarding relevant client issues.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
SUPVERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES : _____ Yes ___X__ No
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Applicant should have a high school diploma/equivalent with at least one year related experience.
- Applicant should have interest in working with adults, children and families in crisis.
- Applicant should have knowledge of crisis-intervention techniques.
- Applicant must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicant must be able to work on a team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
May be sitting, standing/walking for long periods of time.
WORK CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT :
This is a part time position requiring up to 30 hours per week, and it is subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
VARYING work hours are scheduled between the following hours:
- Monday through Friday, 5P -11P; 3 – 11 on Holidays,
- Saturday 9A – 5P, 5P – 11P;
- Sunday, 9A – 5P 5-11P.
EMPLOYEE RECEIPT OF JOB DESCRIPTION :
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The agency reserves the right to revise or change job duties. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Job Type: Part-time
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.