To be eligible for our program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be currently homeless or facing homelessness within the next 72 hours
- Must have at least one child within your care and custody that is under the age of 18
If you meet the above criteria, please call 214-823-4500 x201 or take our online pre-screening assessment below.
Intake staff are available to take your call Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. If you call after hours, please leave a message and your call will be returned during office hours. You may be asked to bring certain documentation for your intake interview, including birth certificates.
Please refer to the following resources if you are ineligible for our programs and services.
Click here for information on Cherokee Village Apartments.
Center of Hope
- Tarrant County- 817-339-2553
- Dallas County- 214-638-2988
- Single women with children
- Single fathers with children- Tarrant County ONLY
- Intake Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:30 a.m. – noon and 1 – 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Valid government issued ID is required for all women. Mothers must provide birth certificates for all children.
- 214-421-1380 (x19)
- Men, women and children
- Must have ID; birth certificate required for children
The Salvation Army
- 5302 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas, TX 75235
- 1855 E. Lancaster Ft Worth. TX 76103
- 214-424-7112- Family
- Men, Women and children
Arlington Life Shelter
- Must have a state ID (from any state)
Austin Street Center
- Men ages 45 and older
- Women ages 18 and older
- Men, women, and children
Presbyterian Night Shelter
- 2400 Cypress Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Men/Women 817-632-7400
- Families 817-632-7429
- Allows families with older teenage boys
- Emergency Shelter Check-in at 4:00 pm
- Single Men/Women Fee: No charge to stay. No length of stay.
- Programs Families Check-in 5:00 pm
- Need valid ID
Domestic Violence Shelters
- Women, men, children
- Brighter Tomorrows staffs 2 emergency safe shelters in Grand Prairie and Irving in undisclosed locations
- Transition Program: Program stay is up to 24 months. During that time clients rent and utilities are paid by the agency.
- Must be homeless, working or able to work, drug and alcohol free, have minor children under the age of 18 yrs old or fleeing domestic violence
- Couples must be legally married with supporting documentation
New Beginning/Hope’s Door (Merged)
- Plano 972-422-2911
- Garland 972-276-0057
- Outreach 972-276-0423
Mosaic Family Services
- Domestic Violence shelter
- Women, Children, Men
Bridges Safehouse– R
- Pregnant and non-pregnant women
- 18 years and older
- Can have up to 2 children up to 6 yrs old
Hope Mansion – R
- 18 years and older
- Can have one more child under 6 yrs old
- Located in Cedar Hill
The Wesley Inn Program of Promise House
- Guides 14-20-year-old homeless pregnant & parenting teen mothers
Food & Clothing
- Food, support, clothes and other services.
- Call us toll free, 24 hours a day.
Buckner Center for Humanitarian Aid
- Food, clothing and other emergency items are provided.
- Empowerment classes in English as a Second Language, life skills and job readiness are provided to adult clients.
- Provide resources for laundry, meals, and personal hygiene.
Financial & Rental Assistance
Sharing Life Outreach
- Provide financial assistance to help clients pay their rent, utility bills, buy essential medicines and other items
Under 1 Roof
- Rent & Utility Assistance to prevent eviction
- Financial Assistance/Rent – Mission Arlington assists with partial rent payments in order to help families through a crisis, and/or to prevent a family from losing the stability that a home provides